Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There goes my car payment!!

Today I took my brother Mike to a job interview. It was a two parter with over an hour in between.

While I waited for the first part I had money I needed to put into the bank for my car payment. Apparently the bank I use no longer has a brand in Chandler. I didn't know this, I live in Mesa. So I just held onto my whole car payment in cash. I wasn't going to drive to Mesa to go to the bank and then back to Chandler to get Mike and then back to Mesa to go home.

So I went back and got Mike so we went to grab a bite. Did I mention I had Alexandria with me? Well, we finished eating and headed to the car. I opened the door so I could set Alex down and change her diaper, when what did I see? Only part of my money scattered all over my chair and floor of the car. CRAP! I had forgotten when we went to eat that I had put my money under my leg so I wouldn't forget to take it to the bank. So after freaking out for a few minutes, I started asking people if they had seen some money by my car or if they had seen anyone pick up some money.

Just as I was about to give up (tears welling up already) I ask one more person, who says no they hadn't seen anything, I turn my head. OMG just over there in the parking lot. Two twenty dollar bills! So I spent about five minutes searching and found a bunch. Then I went to the car counted what I found, and what I still had left. I WASN'T SHORT! I found all of it.

OH MAN, I am so lucky! I have never been late on my car payment and I really didn't want to start this week. While all this was going on, my awesome brother was taking care of Alex, even got her diaper changed for me so we could leave instead of wasting more time. Today could have been a terrible day for me and a lucky day for someone else. Thank goodness it ended up in my favor.

Oh, Alex learned to turn around in circles while she is walking. She spent about half an hour spinning and falling. Well, trying to spin, she is still slow but it is so dang cute!

1 comment:

ducklips said...

Wow! My stomach just leaped for joy for you.