Tuesday, January 8, 2008

before I go to sleep..

I figured I would somewhat update everyone on how I am doing and whats going on.This is my second week of school and my new position at work. My schedule is as fallows:

Work
Sunday - Thursday = 11:15 pm until 6:35 am

School
Tuesday - Friday = 5:15 pm until 9:35 pm
Saturday = 8:15 am until 3:05 pm

and I suppose sleep?? lol
Saturday - Thursday 8/9am - 2/4pm
Friday 11pm - 6/7am

I gladly will take calls and return text messages when I can. Emails and comments are great, those I will always get a chance to reply to.

Monique, I can't remember where I got the background, which is why its still all Christmasy. As soon as I have a chance I will change it and let you know where I will have gotten the cute layout that I know I will find.

Aunts,(yes I did just reply to all of you at once.) thanks so much for the keep it up, the first day is always crappiest and your awesome kind of attitudes and comments.

I really did expect work to be the worst of the two new experiences, but it turned out to be better at first. I am being trained by a crazy old man. Making a few new unexpected friends. Also I am learning my job pretty fast, and except for a few small mishaps, I am doing a good job! woo! Did I mention I work with hydrofluoric acid a little bit during the day? Don't worry, I wear all the safety gear. It's not gonna get to my bones!

As for school, the first day was awkward. There were too many students, all of them clicky. Nobody really cared to talk to me, and I wasn't being shy. I was trying to be myself! That was a "Theory Night" which is only once a week. I am in "phase one." There are three phases. On Theory Night, everyone from all three phases is in the class. The rest of the time it is just the phase one students, myself and the teacher, which makes 4 of us for now. LOL It's much nicer with just the 3 of us students and one teacher to learn. The girls have also pretty much let me into their little group and its going pretty good. I even made myself fall asleep on Friday night and woke up early enough to get all ready, get to school and be there 5 minutes early! yay!

Mentioning Saturday morning made me forget. My side of the house short circuited that morning RIGHT after I put shampoo in my hair! OH MAN! I haven't lived here long enough to have to know where the circuit breaker is so I had to finish showering by candle light, shaving sucks when you cant see what your doing! Not to mention it was FREEZING and I couldn't blow dry my hair. I go to school to learn to be professional, and I should have my own hair and makeup done too. A little hard when you can't use the blow dryer!! AH! everything worked out though, I made do with styling wet hair as best as I could. When I got home my dear room mate Laura had fixed the electricity for me, and left me a message telling me where the box was. She is great to me.

I will write some more soon. Off to bed now, although I have to be up a bit earlier today. So have a great week all! <3 miss you guys!

7 comments:

KrisBo said...

That ended up being a big post! You better enjoy it! LOL <3

Emily said...

hahahaha! Love you!

Merilee said...

That is such a cute picture of you at the top of your blog. Wow, I didn't realize you were working the graveyard shift. That is a toughy. Sounds like everything is going good. Busy, but good.

KrisBo said...

em - love you too!

mer- thanks, the picture is obviously from new years. they didnt have any chairs so me and my friends just sat on the floor feet all tired from dancing!a band we know was playing so it was pretty fun. and i really dont mind the graveyard shift. i like it..

Natalie said...

I am so excited for you. I know you will do your best and everything will work out.

ducklips said...

Sounds fun. All this new and exciting stuff happening all at once. Enjoy the good and learn from the not so great.

Can't wait til I can just call you and say,"Kristin, my hair needs you!"

KrisBo said...

thanks natalie! :)

elise! LOL that will be a while, i wont graduate til sometime in 2009... hopefully before my birthday.