Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So, I don't sleep enough, I don't get to eat well, I barely have time to shop for my frozen dinner, and yet, I am still having fun! Its just the sleep thing thats really killing me.

As you can tell by the pictures that is a perm on my manikin. It's a spiral perm and it took me all day! We don't use chemicals right now cause I am still in the "freshman" phase 1 class. So I got done, just to turn around and take it out. I have also done a normal wrap perm. (I don't know the name of it but I guess I did a good job. One of the hardest teachers told me she was watching me all day. That I had done a good job and have a natural talent. Woo Hoo!) Also I have done a piggy back perm. you do double rollers for each section of hair. It's mostly for longer hair. Also I did my first hair cut on a manikin. That was neat. Yesterday I did a "foe" hair color. Again since we can't use chemicals yet, we just used this stuff called cholesterol. It was like a pudding texture, similar to a hair color product texture. I have also learned to shampoo and condition. Also working on blow drying and round brushing the proper way. Setting the curl. Parting the hair. All that is just my hands on days!

I have one day a week that is just theory. Out of the book, learn things, ask questions, get technical. Whatever. Well, last week and today (wed. and really tomorrow for me cause I have yet to sleep.) we have been learning anatomy. EESH! How am I supposed to remember all of this crap?? Alright Transverse Facial Artery, Pulmonary Circulation, and Peripheral Nervous System! Keep up the good work!! lol

PS. You all can thank Megan for this post. I don't have too much time to post but she wanted to hear what I am up to. Believe me, I have been thinking of posting for a few days and just have not had a chance. You all saw that schedule a few posts back right?

PPS. Off subject. I am also sad about Heath Ledger. I really liked him as an actor.

6 comments:

ducklips said...

I totally love you for taking this course. I am glad you are having fun and found something that you are good at and enjoy. That is something not a lot of people find or feel they can stick with.

Merilee said...

It sounds like you're doing great in class. You know your mom had natural talent with hair as well. I loved when she would do my hair when I was little. It hurt like heck, but it always looked so good. Now go get some sleep!

Mike [Bass-Man] said...

Well they sure sre keeping you busy. I have to say it sounds like everything is going great though

megan said...

woohoo a new post! it sounds like school is awesome! I'm sure you are crazy busy and tired, but it sounds liek you are having fun anyway.

Emily said...

Thanks for the update. Woohoo! Go Kristin! BTW, it's "faux," a French word. You knew that. I'm sad about Heath Ledger, too.

Natalie said...

School sounds exciting. It sounds like you are enjoying it.